NIA 5 stages
The Nia 5 Stages practice facilitates optimal alignment, improved function, self-healing and comfort in the body and is based on the five stages of human development: Embryonic, Creeping, Crawling, Standing and Walking.
Consciously moving through these stages as an adult re-assimilates physical, mental and emotional elements. As you explore the science and poetry of the human body, you will tap into your body’s natural ability to heal and change. Participants notice improvements in power, range of motion and ease in areas of their bodies that other forms of exercise do not affect.
Benefits of Nia 5 Stages practice:
- Increased energy and vitality
- Improved functional fitness
- A deep sense of relaxation often associated with meditation
- Integration and alignment of all parts of the body, mind and emotions
Nia 5 Stages practice is excellent for:
- Reclaiming optimal alignment and functioning
- Releasing tension
- Regaining flexibility, agility, mobility, strength and stability
- Reclaiming and maintaining joint mobility and muscle balance
- Cross-training for any physical activity